POSITION TITLE: Communications Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Marketing Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: None
PURPOSE OF POSITION: To provide communications support and guidance for all section programs and initiatives. Serves as lead on all Media Outreach for the Section.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Serve as communications lead for the section, providing strategic and editorial direction for all section communications
- Attend USTA National communication meetings –most online but some travel may be necessary
- Provide editorial direction and calendar for section communications, including web site and social media, as needed, and oversee all freelance contributors
- Generate all news and content for USTA NorCal blog and web properties
- Work with Inside Tennis Magazine to provide section insert
- Manage media contact list
- Handle all media outreach and inquiries related to all programs and issues
- Create and distribute press releases and other communications promoting initiatives and events across the Section
- Coordination of email newsletter broadcasts for both regional and USTA National publications.
- Research and recommend relevant publications and online avenues to communicate USTA NorCal programs and initiatives
- Work with Marketing Manager to develop a survey communication process for all departments
Assist with Section Events
- Coordinate copywriting for event-related materials
- Travel and report on USTA NorCal events, as needed
- Provide photography/video support at events, as needed
- Interview members for story creation
- Write recaps for section league, tournament and community events for adults and juniors, based on content provided by those departments, and content collected by marketing department, from these events
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications or Marketing preferred
- Background in sports marketing preferred – Tennis knowledge a plus!
- Experience working with all news media
- Positive relationships with Tennis media and Northern California-based media outlets
- Strong attention to detail – strong editing and proofreading skills
- Customer service friendly and professional
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and G Suite
- Experience with Constant Contact or other email marketing platform
- Experience with Survey Monkey or similar platform
- Able to communicate in public settings, both large and small groups
- Videography/Photography experience desired but not required
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically InDesign / Photoshop, desired but not required
- Creative thinker and visionary
- Problem solver
- High level energy and enthusiasm
- Must be able/willing to travel and work weekends as needed
This description is intended to describe the type of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by the employee.
This job is based in Alameda, CA. Please submit cover letter and include salary requirements.