Adult League Manager/Section League Coordinator
Job Summary and Purpose of Position:
Join the USTA NorCal team and effectively lead, manage and coach a team of program and customer service focused staff. Adult Leagues Tennis Manager will lead and organize a long term comprehensive strategic plan to support the Adult Leagues program as a whole. Oversee all ten (10) USTA Adult League programs and Tennis On Campus program played throughout the Northern California section. Increase recreational players in adult tennis. Oversee and work at various League championship tournaments throughout the year. Act as a leagues program and rules expert. Act as Section League Coordinator; liaison to the National League program.
- Supervise league staff and one field staff member; hire and train all staff; coordinates monthly or as needed league staff meetings ; approves time sheet and expense reports as needed; yearly and bi yearly evaluation and reviews
- Liaison to Adult League Committee; coordinate agendas and meetings with chair; coordinates membership development for all committees; maintain yearly calendar of agenda items for ALC
- This position is a member of the Management Team. Apply specific leadership skills and behaviors as agreed to and signed in a Management Team Agreement. Collaborate with team on various leadership projects
- Develop yearly budget; responsible for monthly reports including projection forecasts for budget purposes
- Responsible for the developing and coordinating training schedules for all league volunteers, committee members and staff surrounding league computer programs; Rules and Regulations and yearly updates to the program from National.
- Responsible for all computer programs which impact the USTA League Program: Tennis Link , NorCal CMS program and the Flex program; provides expertise in testing computer programs with outside consultants working on program updates; Help provide ongoing training and follow up for all users of the various computer programs.
- Supervise the coordination of many aspects of league championship events, including site logistics, scheduling match play, coordinating staff and volunteers, manage event preparations and help order and manage award inventory
- Supervise the management of the creation of schedules for all leagues, including deadlines as well as playoffs and championships in both Section program and Tennis Link program
- Manage league championship events as the on-site tournament director
- Work with Adult Tennis Specialist to develop new pilot adult team programs
- Understand and interpret the Local League Area Rules and USTA rules in response to player inquiries
As Section League Coordinator, this person will be knowledgeable of and able to interpret the Local League Area Rules and USTA League regulations in response to player inquiries
- Maintain NorCal league database for accuracy, including calendars, team registrations, team rosters, and player information
- Help to Administer rating and medical appeals and help to administer grievances and appeals
- Work closely with Volunteers, club managers, adult players and captains.
- Provide excellent customer service via phone and email in a timely and professional manner
- Attend Adult League Committee as well as Grievance and Appeals’ Committee meetings, as needed
- Attend Local and National Staff Trainings and meetings as required by Executive Director
- Attend/supervise District and Sectional Championships
- Coordinate and attend Local Town hall meetings
- Strong academic background; baccalaureate degree and or strong work experience
- 6+ years of experience working in USTA league programs and experience training staff and volunteers on adult leagues program
- Working knowledge of USTA League Regulations
- Experience leading and managing a staff
- Experience with basic employment law and management best practices
- Experience communicating performance feedback and conducting performance reviews
- Outstanding administrative and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- High energy and enthusiasm with a desire to initiate and promote programs
- Experience planning events and managing programs.
- Ability to do light lifting; loading/unloading van with merchandise such as prizes, food, drinks, etc.
- PC skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook. Social Media experience a plus.
- Ability to work well with others and demonstrate a high level of self-motivation
- Must be available for travel, to work weekends and extra hours
- This job is based in Alameda, CA